Ministries for Adults
In addition to our worship services, there are many opportunities for spiritual growth at Georgetown. Primarily, we mature spiritually through the study of God's Word, which can happen through a variety of Bible study ministries. In addition, we also grow through fellowship when we can form friendships that provide us with support, encouragement, fun, and laughter.
Sisters In Spirit (SIS): Entrusted: A Study of II Timothy
Final words can be so compelling. In this letter of Paul, he charges Timothy to not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ and encourages him to proclaim it boldly. It’s a timely message for Christians today who are often tempted to see their faith as a private matter. Join other women in a comfortable group setting as we study God’s Word, share joys and trials, and pray for each other.
- Meets on Sundays at 10:45 am, Tuesdays at 8:30 am, Wednesdays
at 8:30 am & 7:00 pm, and Fridays at 9:45 am
- Accompanying nursery and children’s programs are offered on Fridays
- Meets in the Lower Level Room L012
- Key Contact: Cheryl Blouw (616-862-2993)
Men’s Life: To Live is Christ: A Study of Paul
The Apostle Paul was a passionate follower of Christ, whose life calling was to point all people, then and now, to the gospel of grace. Join us as we look at the spiritual odyssey of this remarkable man who was completely sold out to the cause of his Lord. Men’s Life is an informal, discussion-oriented opportunity for spiritual reflection and encouragement for men of all ages. Study material will be provided.
- Follows the Sunday Morning Discipleship schedule
- Meets in the Lower Level Room L011 from 11:00-11:45 am
- Key Contact: Larry Osterbaan (616-502-8288)
Ladies Christian Fellowship: The Greatest Stories Ever Told
Jesus knew the power of a good story. So often he took an occurrence from everyday life and wove it into colorful, unforgettable stories to explain important spiritual truths. Join us as we reflect on some of these stories - stories that have the power to stretch your mind and heart and shape your soul.
- Meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays beginning September 25
- Meets in the Lower Level Room L012 from 7:00-8:30 pm
- Key Contact: Carol Frede (616-797-0022)
Wednesday Morning Bible Study: Living on the Ragged Edge
Mark’s Gospel is a succinct, vivid account of Jesus’ life and ministry. In this chapter by chapter study, we will explore the text and allow it to explore us as we think together what it means to follow Jesus.
- Meets on Wednesdays beginning October 3
- Meets in the Lower Level Room L013 from 6:00-7:00 am
- Key Contact: Ron Blouw (616-318-0721)
Monday Morning Bible Study: A Study of Luke
Luke is a Gospel like none other. If it were not for Luke, we would not know about the Good Samaritan, the Prodigal son, Mary’s song, Zaccheus, Jesus sweating like drops of blood, Simon of Cyrene, a thief’s welcome into paradise, and a host of other people and stories. Luke tells us 16 parables that no one else does. No other Gospel writer refers to Jesus’ death as The Exodus (9:31). The book of Luke highlights the role of women, the poor, and the marginalized as being key players in the work of the Spirit. These key players are present from the beginning of the book all the way to the Book of Acts. Join us as we explore these texts and discuss together what they might mean for us. All ages are welcome.
- Meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays beginning October 1
- Meets in the Lower Level Room L011 from 9:30-11:00 am
- Key Contacts: Arlan Gulker (616-379-5338)
- Jay Koets (616-669-5216)
Approximately two-thirds of Georgetown’s active, adult membership is involved in a small group. Each group decides on the frequency of their meetings and the content of their study. Our small groups generally meet for study, service, support, or socially. This year, our church theme is: Go and Do Likewise. For groups wishing to dig deeper into this theme, we have four different resources that align with the topic of actively loving others and being a good neighbor. See Pastor Marc for details.
- Key Contact: Marc Nelesen (616-669-2085)